Thursday, May 25, 2017

A poem with 90 lines, 269 words . . .

     A poet whose work I enjoy is Charles Bernstein  (editor at the electronic poetry center,  a vast and wonderful site to visit and browse)-- and one of my neighbors recently surprised me with a link to a new-to-me Bernstein poem, "Thank You for Saying Thank You," that he had found (audio at Poets.org).  Below I offer an excerpt -- and a link to the text of the complete poem.  And, because I first misunderstood and thought that my neighbor had heard the poem on NPR, I went to NPR.org and found this wonderful treasury of poems and commentary.  

Triumph of the imagination, counted word by word

23 lines from Bernstein's "Thank You . . ."

The complete printed poem is available here in Ron Silliman's blog and an audio version is available here at Poets.org.  Two of my earlier blog postings also include poems by Bernstein: go here for "Of Time and the Line" and here for "My/My/My."  

No comments:

Post a Comment